Marko Orel, Ph.D.
Office no: RB 452
- Labour Economics
- Workplace Research
Marko Orel holds a PhD degree in sociology and works as an assistant professor at Prague University of Economics and Business. He works in the field of socioeconomics, particularly focusing on the evolution of work and related challenges of workplace transformation. Marko has recently been appointed as the head of Center for Workplace Research where they conduct applied studies on workplace-related subjects.
- Dvouletý, O., & Orel, M. (2020). Individual determinants of entrepreneurship in Visegrád countries: Reflection on GEM data from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 8(4), p. 123-137.
- Orel, M., Chytková, Z., & Mayerhoffer, M. (2020). Managing Human Talent in Coworking Spaces: Industry Overview of Study on HR Sourcing Techniques. Praha.
- Orel, M. (2020). In support of coworking environments: Policy and other supportive mechanisms. Praha.
- Weijs-Perrée, M., Appel-Meulenbroek, R., Gauger, F., Pfnür, A., & Orel, M. (2020). Differences in user preferences across European coworking spaces. In Transdisciplinary Workplace Research Network Proceedings.
- Orel, M., & Mayerhoffer, M. (2020). Human Talent Attraction and Retention Mechanisms in Coworking Environments – A Data-Supported Overview. In Coworking Europe Conference.
- Mayerhoffer, M., & Orel, M. (2020). Shifting talent mechanisms in coworking environments to the digital realm. In GANDINI, A. — IVALDI, S. — MARIOTTI, I. — MIGLIORE, A. — ROSSI, F. — SCARATTI, G. — TAGLIARO, C. (ed.). RGCS Network.
- Orel, M., & Dvouletý, O. (2020). Transformative Changes and Developments of the Coworking Model: A Narrative Review. In Technological Progress, Inequality and Entrepreneurship, p. 9-27. Springer, Cham.
- Orel, M. (2020). The potentials of virtual reality in entrepreneurship education. In: DANIELA, L. New Perspectives on Virtual and Augmented Reality: Finding New Ways to Teach in a Transformed Learning Environment. Abingdon: Routledge, p. 45 – 65.
- Orel, M. (2020). Life is better in flip flops. Digital nomads and their transformational travels to Thailand. International Journal of Culture Tourism and Hospitality Research.
- Orel, M. (2020). Escaping reality and touring for pleasure: the future of virtual reality pornography. Porn Studies.
- Appel-Meulenbroek, R., Weijs-Perrée, M., Orel, M., Gauger, F., & Pfnür, A. (2020). User preferences for coworking spaces; a comparison between the Netherlands, Germany and the Czech Republic. Review of Managerial Science.
- Orel, M., & Bennis, W. M. (2020). The perspective of a coworking space model in scholarly settings. On the Horizon. 28(2), p. 101-111.
- Dvouletý, O., & Orel, M. (2020). Determinants of solo and employer entrepreneurship in Visegrád countries: findings from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy.
- Guna, J., Geršak, G., Humar, I., Krebl, M., Orel, M., Lu, H., & Pogačnik, M. (2019). Virtual Reality Sickness and Challenges Behind Different Technology and Content Settings. Mobile Networks and Applications, p. 1-10.
- Orel, M. (2019). The Social Innovators model From workspace to collaborative ecosystem Guidebook.
- Dvouletý, O., & Orel, M. (2019). Entrepreneurial Activity and Its Determinants: Findings from African Developing Countries. In Sustainable Entrepreneurship, p. 9-24. Springer, Cham.
- Orel, M. (2019). Supporting work-life balance with the use of coworking spaces. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal.
- Orel, M., & Almeida, M. D. M. A. (2019). The ambience of collaboration in coworking environments. Journal of Corporate Real Estate, 21(4), 273-289.
- Orel, M. (2019). Coworking environments and digital nomadism: balancing work and leisure whilst on the move. World Leisure Journal, 61(3), p. 215-227.
- Orel, M., Guna, J. (2018). Decentralising Virtual Reality. Elektrotehniski Vestnik, 85(5), p. 271-278.
- Orel, M., & Kubátová, J. (2013). Coworking as a model for conscious business. Journal of global responsibility, 10(3), p. 257-270.
- Orel et al., (2021). The Flexible Workplace. Springer, Cham.