Marko Orel, Ph.D.
Office no: RB 452
- Labour Economics
- Workplace Research
Marko Orel holds a PhD degree from University of Ljubljana in sociology and works as an assistant professor specialising in the exploration of the changing nature of the global workplace, development of on-site and digital collaborative communities. By building his work on qualitative research, he explores project and operational networks of influences, community engagement and inter-relational participation within collaborative workspaces. Marko recently published several papers mainly on workplace research, namely in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal, Journal of Corporate Real-Estate, Mobile Networks & Applications, World Leisure Journal and Journal of Global Responsibility, and is co-editing a book on flexible workspaces that will be published by Springer Nature in fall 2020.
- Guna, J., Geršak, G., Humar, I., Krebl, M., Orel, M., Lu, H., & Pogačnik, M. (2019/forthcoming). Virtual Reality Sickness and Challenges Behind Different Technology and Content Settings. Mobile Networks and Applications, 1-10.
- Orel, M., & Dvouletý, O. (2020). Transformative Changes and Developments of the Coworking Model: A Narrative Review. In Technological Progress, Inequality and Entrepreneurship (pp. 9-27). Springer, Cham.
- Orel, M. and Kubátová, J. (2019), “Coworking as a model for conscious business”, Journal of Global Responsibility, Vol. 10 No. 3, pp. 257-270
- Orel, M., & Almeida, M. D. M. A. (2019/forthcoming). The ambience of collaboration in coworking environments. Journal of Corporate Real Estate.
- Orel, M. (2019). Coworking environments and digital nomadism: balancing work and leisure whilst on the move. World Leisure Journal, 61(3), 215-227.
- Orel, M. (2019/forthcoming). Supporting work–life balance with the use of coworking spaces. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal.
- Dvouletý, O., & Orel, M. (2019). Entrepreneurial Activity and Its Determinants: Findings from African Developing Countries. In Sustainable Entrepreneurship (pp. 9-24). Springer, Cham.
- Savanovic, A., & Orel, M. “The role of creative hubs in the freelance labour market.” European Creative Hubs Network, Brussels (2018): 1-30.
- Orel, M. “Daily interactions within virtual reality space”. 26th International Electrotechnical and Computer Science Conference ERK 2017 (2017): 123-125.
- Rus, A., & Orel, M. “Coworking: a community of work.” Teorija in Praksa 52, no. 6 (2015): 1017-1038.
- Orel, M. “Working in co-working spaces: The social and economic engagement of European youth.” Perspectives on youth 2 (2015): 133-139.