prof. Ing. Mgr. Martin Lukeš, Ph.D.
Head of the Department
Office no: RB 450
- 3CV901 Methodology of Scientific Research (postgraduate course)
- 3PO911 Research in Entrepreneurship (postgraduate course)
- 3PO666 Entrepreneurship and New Business Venturing (CEMS graduate course)
- 3PO546 Entrepreneurial Practice (graduate course, CZ)
- 3CV401/3CV701 Research Methods (graduate course, both CZ/EN)
Participation in projects
|2020-2023||TACR project “Precarity as the real experience of the self-employed and micro enterprises” – project leader|
|2020-2022||GACR project “The impact of open-plan offices on performance and well-being revisited: The case of coworking” – project leader|
|2020-2022||GACR project “Intrafamily Conflicts in Family Firms: Antecedents, Effects and Moderators” – project member|
|2020-2023||OP VVV project “The improvement of the quality of student grant competition at UEP Prague” – project member|
|2017 – 2019||GACR project “Privately-held Firms with Multiple Owners: The Role of Family and Responsible Ownership” – project member|
|2017-2019||OP VVV project “International mobility for the development of science at the University of Economics, Prague” – team leader|
|2015 – 2018||Erasmus + project “Start-Up Promotion for Entrepreneurial Resilience” – project leader|
|2014 -2018||7. FP CUPESSE “Cultural Pathways to Economic Self-Sufficiency and Entrepreneurship: Family Values and Youth Unemployment in Europe” – principal investigator at University of Economics|
|2013-2015||Technology Agency of the Czech Republic research project “Research of current entrepreneurial activities in the Czech Republic, capturing their changes in the recent years and international comparison using GEM method” – project leader|
|2012-2014||UEP Internal Grant Agency project “Explaining the causes of success and failure in the process of start-up and early growth of new firms in the Czech Republic” – project leader|
|2007-2010||FP6 research project “Cultural and Innovation Dynamics – Explaining the uneven evolution of human knowledge.” Co-leading Czech team and work package “National Culture and Innovation.” – project member|
|2006-2008||GAČR research project “Success factors of non-profit organizations with an emphasis on the importance of volunteerism” – project member|
|2005-2006||VÚPSV research project „Risks of possible brain drain from the Czech Republic.“ – project member|
- Feldmann, M., Uhlaner, L. M., & Lukeš, M. (accepted). Disentangling succession and entrepreneurship gender gaps: Gender norms, culture, and family. Small Business Economics.
- Vich, M., Lukeš, M., & Burian, J. (in print). Out of sight, out of mind? Exploring the long-term effects of Relational Mindfulness Training (RMT). Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science.
- Lukeš, M., Feldmann, M., & Vegetti, F. (2019). Work values and the value of work: Different implications for young adults’ self-employment in Europe. The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 682(1), 156–171. https://doi.org/10.1177/0002716219828976
- Lukeš, M., Longo, M. C., & Zouhar, J. (2019). Do business incubators really enhance entrepreneurial growth? Evidence from a large sample of innovative Italian start-ups. Technovation, 82-83, 25-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2018.07.008
- Machek, O., Hnilica, J., & Lukeš, M. (2019). Stability of family firms during economic downturn and recovery. Journal of East European Management Studies, 24(4), 566-588. https://doi.org/10.5771/0949-6181-2019-4-566
- Hnilica, J., Uhlaner, L.M., Machek, O., Kubíček, A., Lukeš, M., Jurek, M., Štamfestová, P. (2019). The role of responsible ownership and family in privately held firms with multiple owners: Preliminary findings from the Czech Republic. Central European Business Review, 8(5), 1-17, https://doi.org/10.18267/j.cebr.231
- Dvouletý, O., Lukeš, M., & Vancea, M. (2019). Individual‑level and family background determinants of young adults’ unemployment in Europe. Empirica, 47, 389-409. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10663-018-9430-x
- Tosun. J. et al. (2019). Perceived economic self-sufficiency: A country-and generation-comparative approach. European Political Science, 18, 510–531. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41304-018-0186-3
- Dvouletý, O., Longo, M.C., Blažková, I., Lukeš, M., Andera, M. (2018). Are publicly funded Czech incubators effective? The comparison of performance of supported and non-supported firms. European Journal of Innovation Management, 21, 4, 543–563. 10.1108/EJIM-02-2018-0043
- Lukeš, Martin, Stephan, Ute (2017). Measuring employee innovation: A review of existing scales and the development of the innovative behavior and innovation support inventories across cultures. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, 23(1), 136-158.
- Dvouletý, Ondřej, Lukeš, Martin (2016) Review of empirical studies on self-employment out of unemployment: Do self-employment policies make a positive impact? International Review of Entrepreneurship, 14(3): 361-376.
- Lukeš, Martin, Zouhar, Jan (2016) The causes of early-stage entrepreneurial discontinuance. Prague Economic Papers, 25(1): 19-36.
- Lukeš, Martin, Zouhar, Jan (2013) No experience? No problem – it’s all about yourself: Factors influencing nascent entrepreneurship outcomes. Ekonomický časopis, 61(9): 934-950.
- Lukeš, Martin, Zouhar, Jan, Jakl, Martina, Očko, Petr (2013) Faktory ovlivňující vstup do podnikání: začínající podnikatelé v České republice. Politická ekonomie, 61(2): 229-247.
- Lukeš, Martin (2013) Entrepreneurs as innovators: A multi-country study on entrepreneurs’ innovative behaviour. Prague Economic Papers, 22(1): 72-84.
- Lukes, M., & Stephan, U. (2012) Nonprofit leaders and for-profit entrepreneurs: Similar people with different motivation. Ceskoslovenska psychologie, 56(1): 41-55.
Books and chapters
- Lukeš, M. (2017) Entrepreneurship Development in the Czech Republic. In: A. Sauka, A. Chepurenko. Entrepreneurship in Transition Economies: Diversity, Trends, and Perspectives, pp. 209-224. Cham : Springer.
- Lukes, M., & Jakl, M. (2012) Podnikání v České republice. Prague: Oeconomica.
- Lukes, M., & Laguna, M. (Eds.) (2010) Entrepreneurship: A Psychological Approach. Prague: Oeconomica.
- Novotny, J., & Lukes, M. (Eds.) (2009) Success Factors and Volunteerism in the Nonprofit Organizations in the Czech Republic. Prague: Oeconomica.
- Moriano, J.A., Gorgievski, M., & Lukes, M. (Eds.) (2008) Teaching Psychology of Entrepreneurship: Perspectives from Six European Countries. Madrid: UNED.
- Stephan, U., Lukes, M., Dej, D., & Richter, P.G. (2007) Attitudes towards and Perceptions of Entrepreneurs in Central Eastern Europe (Poland, the Czech Republic, East-Germany), pp. 173-191. In G. Zheng, K. Leung, & J. Adair (Eds) Perspectives and Progress in Contemporary Cross-Cultural Psychology. Beijing: China Light Industry Press.
- Lukes, M., & Novy, I. (Eds.) (2005) Psychologie podnikání. [Psychology of Entrepreneurship.] Prague: Management Press.